Self delusion is my optimism

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Just got home from a wedding dinner,and my stomach is still as bloated as it was.I totally regret taking that 3 bowls of bird's nest,i seem to be able to feel them floating around in my stomach.

Got there early,but it started an hour later,and during that hour it was the usual "interrogation" stuff."Do you remember me?" "What school are u in now?" "Got a girlfriend?" And the witty remarks, "Woah you don't look like before!" "Your eye lashes are long!" "Your eyebrows are thick!" and so on and so forth.And to those i merely smiled back weakly,and politely nod my head,after all what could i say?Especially when it came to the 'my name is not linked with my other two brothers'.

The bride was really pretty,and in her modern cheong-sam dress,she looked elegant.And i swear she looked like she came off the screen of your tv.They say that a woman is the prettiest when she puts on her wedding gown,and i have no qualms bout that.The sight of the bride and bridegroom was just what they call bliss i guess,together they seemed perfect.I've been to a number of wedding dinners in my life,and i've seen many couples over the period when i worked as a waiter.Today should have been no different,but it was.

I used to think that for two people to decide to get married and spend their lives together,it just needed something called love and then it was done.And therefore i never used to see two people getting married as special.But today,when i looked upon them,it dawned on me how special it was for two people to decide that they want to spend the rest of their lives together.It occurred to me that it takes a whole lot more,marriage is not something everyone can do with. A lifetime commitment,is definitely not all can commit to.

Finding someone that can,lies in fate,and then i wondered if i ever would find mine.Would i one day,be that man holding someone whom i want to spend the rest of my life with,and someone who feel the same.I always believed i would,but not anymore.I guess i've grown a little more,for i finally realised that it's not something that comes easy,and commitment is not everyone's cup of tea.

Tonight i walked away from the dinner with a smile different from that i used to carry before.
Tonight i smiled at them,cause i felt happy that two of them found each other,and that is no longer just what they call bliss and happiness.It's what I call now..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home